Installing a battery in your home can help be more prepared when storms are on the horizon. Batteries provide backup power when the grid goes down to keep your lights on and essential appliances like your fridge running.
Unlike generators that run on fossil fuels, batteries are a cleaner, quieter option for powering your home during an outage.
Plus, batteries work even better when you add them to an existing solar PV system or pair them with a new one, allowing batteries to recharge with the sun’s energy.
Incentives Makes Batteries More Affordable
Energy Storage Solutions lowers the cost of a battery by providing both upfront and performance incentives:
- Upfront incentives reduce the cost to you before installation. Customers can qualify for up to $7,500 in exchange for allowing the battery to reduce their home’s demand from the electrical grid on hot summer days for 10 years.
- Performance incentives are paid twice a year for 10 years based on how your battery performs during peak summer and winter days.
Incentive Adders are available for Priority Customers (maximum incentive is $7,500):
- Low Income – see if your household qualifies (link)
- Underserved Communities – see if your town qualifies (link)
- Grid-Edge Customers – see if your address qualifies (link)
How it Works
- Select an Eligible Contractor to install Eligible Equipment at your home. We recommend getting a few quotes before making a decision.
- After your Eligible Contractor installs your battery, on summer days, and when the grid is stressed, the utility will dispatch energy from your battery to help reduce peak electricity demand. If a storm is on the horizon, the utility will not dispatch energy from your battery.
- Participating customers receive an upfront incentive to reduce the battery’s cost. Additionally, performance-based incentives are paid at the end of each summer and winter season based on average energy contributions to the grid.
Residential Upfront Incentive ($/kWh)
|Grid Edge Adder
Residential Performance Incentive ($/kW)
- Watch an introductory webinar on the program here
- Download the program flyer
- Review the Program Manual
Still have questions? We’ve got answers! First, review our list of Frequently Asked Questions. If your question is not on our list, contact us.